Join the GRAYBOX Team
The big picture of support work is to make the clients happy by being an effective consultant and developer who leaves clients feeling valued and cared-for — both in their time of crisis, or in regular course of business support. Day-to-day, you will work with a lot of different codebases and within a lot of different PHP CMSs, such as Drupal, WordPress, ExpressionEngine, Craft, Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, etc. You'll work on a little bit of everything — CMS sites, ecommerce stores, web applications, servers, marketing systems, etc. You will be primarily involved in resolving or triaging site outages and taking on development work that can be done in less than a day and seeing it through to completion, including guiding it through code review, quality assurance, and eventually deployment.
This is honestly a fairly unique position, as it requires three things in balance:
- You need to be technical enough to thoroughly and correctly triage and resolve issues as they come up.
- You need to be relational (with enough emotional intelligence) to relate to and take care of people via emails, phone calls and support tickets.
- You need to have leadership skills to lead a small support team and know agencies well enough to participate on the general GRAYBOX management team.
Culturally, we're a fast-paced agency that prides ourselves on serving our clients well and doing excellent work. We are locally owned and work from a cool office in SE Portland with the best team around.
- Be deliberately helpful and care about other people
- 5+ years of work experience in a digital agency
- Technical skills in a variety of platforms and technologies
- Ability to lead a team and rally others to your side
- High emotional intelligence
- Solid attention to detail & commitment to doing things the correct way
- Be committed to being in the office 9-4 on week days, and have loose availability for critical things on off hours.
- Creative and marketing skills
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Highly organized
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable for the right candidates
- 10 days PTO, 10 Floating Holidays (your pick)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (partially paid)
- $1000/Year Educational Allowance
GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity/expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.