Join The GRAYBOX Team
GRAYBOX is looking for a super talented Senior PHP/Ruby/Python Developer to join our team and work with us on multiple online projects.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Custom PHP, Python and Ruby & Rails Development for custom web application development
- Configuration of PHP, Python and Ruby-based CMS systems
- PHP, .NET, Python, Mobile Development knowledge is ideal
- Experience with other SQL/NoSQL databases (Postgres, MongoDB or others) a plus
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, Zend, CodeIgniter, etc)
- Experience with Magento, ExpressionEngine, Drupal, Shopify, Wordpress or other ecommerce or CMS frameworks is a benefit
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility, PCI and HIPAA compliance requirements
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Data integrations between multiple online services (payment systems, fulfillment systems, etc.)
- Database Setup & Management
- Server setup, administration and optimization
Successful candidate would be independent, motivated, dependable, and highly-experienced. Need to be able to give you tasks and deadlines and know you can deliver. Also looking for someone who can advise and consult on best practices as we build various sites. Someone who loves to learn and who loves to teach.
Great communication and client care is a must. You will be interacting with clients and collaborating with our staff daily, so it's important you can communicate well and learn to empathize and care about your clients needs. This is not a pure “tech” position — building great sites is important, but building great client relationships is essential.
- Ability to explain complex technologies clearly with others
- Great communication skills to work with clients and our team
- 5+ years of PHP development experience, ideally in an agency/client services background
- 5+ years of Ruby and RoR development experience, ideally in an agency/client services background
- 3+ years of Python development experience
- Experience with DevOps tools and standard deployments
- Experience with server optimization, scaling and load balancing is ideal
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary + Participation in Regular Bonuses upon Completion of Performance Metrics
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401K with Matching
- 20 Days PTO & Floating Holidays
- Flex/Comp time
- $1,000 / Year Education Budget (books, conferences, etc)
Position is onsite in our awesome SE Portland office.
Send Resume and Cover Letter by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include why you want to work for GRAYBOX and compensation requirements.