Join The GRAYBOX Team
This Magento/PHP Architect is responsible for building e-commerce applications, maintaining existing PHP code, optimizing MySQL queries, developing custom PHP solutions, and actively assisting in improving the usability, usefulness and functionality of highly customized consumer and business-to-business Magento Community and Enterprise Systems. We routinely build new systems and adopt legacy installations, so you must be able to architect well the new and troubleshoot the old.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- 5+ years solid Magento development and implementation experience.
- Proficiency in developing, debugging and optimizing complex PHP web applications.
- Develop Integrations with API-driven third-party systems such as SalesForce, NetSuite and SAP.
- Knowledgeable of fraud and site security issues.
- Implement and customize off-the-shelf Magento extensions and develop custom Magento extensions for both CE and EE.
- Work with front-end web designers to implement custom Magento templates.
- Customer-focused with excellent follow through on commitments.
- Experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC, REST) and/or other experience implementing data integrations within the platform a plus.
- You are ramping up on Magento 2, and familiar with the differences, challenges and benefits between Magento 1 and Magento 2.
- Your Magento skills are top notch (could you lecture at Imagine?).
- You fully understand Zend’s underlying architecture, the implications and challenges presented by the framework Magento is built upon.
- You have a deep understanding of Magento’s ORM architecture including simple models and Magento’s unique implementation of EAV.
- You’ve built many custom Magento modules. Blocks, Observers, Controllers, Models, Helpers, and SQL updates are all 2nd nature.
- You can stretch Magento to its limits and beyond. Have you gutted Magento checkout process and replaced it with an integration to another checkout system? Have you turned a Magento framework into a social network? Have you connected Magento to live lookups of shipping, pricing, payments, reviews, or other third-party integrations?
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary + Participation in Regular Bonuses upon Completion of Performance Metrics
- Partially Paid Health and Dental Insurance
- 401K with Matching
- 20 Days PTO & Floating Holidays
- Flex/Comp Time
- $1,000 / Year Education Budget (books, conferences, etc.)
Position is onsite in our awesome SE Portland office.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Please include why you want to work for GRAYBOX and compensation requirements.