Join The GRAYBOX Team
The Senior Business Solutions Consultant will lead the Business Operations team. This team is both a central hub for complicated client work, as well as a standalone group that tackles business consulting challenges independent from the rest of the creative and development teams. Together, the Business Operations team helps lead discovery of client requirements, architect solutions to meet client needs, and help the Creative, Marketing, and Technical teams execute on the plan, acting along the way as the voice of the client to GRAYBOX teams.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Our mission at GRAYBOX is to listen, advise and then craft elegant solutions to complicated business problems, through a combination of technology and business acumen. While we build exceptional work, we also build lasting relationships with our clients. We strive to be viewed as integral partners with their business’ success — as such, GRAYBOX holds the highest standards of helpfulness and communication — we educate our clients while producing outstanding work.
This role is a hybrid of business strategy paired with the know-how to execute on challenging client requirements- both business and technical. GRAYBOX tackles complicated technical projects that are often mission critical systems or applications for our clients. To be successful, you need to be comfortable as both a thinker and a doer. Some days will be spent with client executives, hashing out broad strategies and business goals. Other days will be deep immersion in software configuration, data analysis, and technical planning. The ideal candidate embraces playing both roles, loving the high level as well as being in the weeds. Along the way, you’ll be managing the team of business solutions consultants at GRAYBOX, providing strategy, solution design, and coaching to those team members.
- You’ve been around the block for the past decade. GRAYBOX works across many industries, many technologies, and many software platforms. You’re not necessarily going to be an expert in them all, but you have a lot of experience in a broad spectrum of tools over the last seven to ten years, so you can easily contextualize client needs with the tools that are right for the job.
- You’re a leader. You can walk into a room with a client and quickly earn their respect as a knowledgeable resource who asks the right questions and understands their goals. You leave the room with the client trusting you’ll take them in the right direction.
- You’re technical, even if you’re not a developer. You may never write a line of code, but you get the nerdy developer jokes, and you are comfortable hammering out a complicated technical solution with the dev team, coming at the problem from the business side but understanding the nature of the tech.
- You have a solid understanding of how business works. You may not be an accountant, but you’re comfortable with an Income Statement or Balance sheet. You know what a chart of accounts is and how it’s used. You’re able to engage a C-Level executive in a conversation about their strategic reporting needs, and build trust that you know what you’re talking about.
- You’re a thinking AND a doer. You embrace both the high level and the weeds, knowing that some days require big picture strategy, and other days are spreadsheets and data analysis.
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You build relationships with coworkers and clients easily. You can break down complicated topics and contextualize them so that the person in the room with the least understanding can walk away feeling informed. Your written communication skills are clear, concise, and easily digested.
- You know how to ask the right questions: Successful consulting is often more about asking the right questions to uncover all the important requirements than it is about knowing how to solve one particular problem. You’re adept at reading the room and changing course when you’re not getting the answers you need. You can attack a problem from multiple angles to uncover the information you need to succeed.
- You care about the details. The smallest nuance can make or break a solution, and you care about making sure every one of those pieces comes together seamlessly to result in an elegant solution.
- You can lead a team. Your life will be a mix of client interactions and solution design, both on your own and with/for the Business Ops team. You’re comfortable managing others through coaching, teaching, and leading.
- You’ve lead large projects. Large, multi-month projects are a different beast than small isolated initiatives. You’ve been through the ringer, and know how to successfully start, run, and complete a large project that runs many months with multiple team members.
- You’re curious. You want to understand how things work. You hear a client describe how a process works, and you immediately have five questions to drill into more detail about where the inputs come from, how the process evolved, and if they’ve considered alternatives. You have an innate need to scratch the itch of curiosity, and are adept at asking the questions to do it.
- You see the risks coming, and plan accordingly. You look across the landscape of a project, and you understand where the risk exists. You don’t wait for the risk to bite you, but instead you’re out in front of it, proactively communicating with the client and your team to ensure it doesn’t become a problem.
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- You have agency/consulting experience.
- You have system implementation experience for ERP and CRM software.
- You know a lot about inventory management and logistics.
- You have a strong ecommerce background.
- You have a SaaS Software background, and understand what it means to work in the cloud.
- You have some accounting or financial background.
- You have some development background.
- You have an MBA.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary + Participation in Employee Profit Share
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 10 Days PTO
- 10 Days Holiday
- $1,000 / Year Education Budget (books, conferences, etc)
- Retirement 401(K) with 4% employer match
Position is onsite in our awesome inner SE Portland office.
Send us your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please include why you want to work for GRAYBOX and compensation requirements.