Join The GRAYBOX Team
GRAYBOX is looking for a Creative Director to join our team and work with us on a wide variety of digital projects including web sites, web applications and mobile applications.
The Creative Director is the hub of our creative team — you’ll be helping mentor and coach designers, content strategy and front-end execution. You’ll be helping shape the creative team processes, internal workflows and lead our team in understanding and articulating client objectives. You’ll also be working with clients and business strategists everyday to help clarify business goals and strategizing solutions.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with clients and designers to develop the creative strategy and direction of their work
- Helping the account team strategize, estimate, and produce sales presentations
- Run ideation meetings with the creative team and clients
- Identify the strategic direction for client work, and clearly communicate these ideas to the creative team
- Produce and present creative briefs to the creative team and clients
- Coach and mentor everyone on the creative team
- You love to learn and love to teach
- You have never met a whiteboard you didn’t like
- You are passionate about design and solving hard problems in innovative ways
- You are passionate about solving tangible business problems with practical and pragmatic design solutions
- You are independent, highly-motivated, dependable, and highly-experienced
- You have the ability to advise and consult on best practices
- You have the ability to communicate your ideas verbally, as well as, in writing
- 8+ years experience in UX or UI design in an agency setting
- A strong portfolio of high-quality digital strategy, user interface and visual design work
- Experience with long-term product design and development
- A passion and strong understanding of design concepts
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with clients and team members
- Ability to contribute to team growth and process improvement
Successful candidate would be independent, motivated, dependable, and highly-experienced. Need to be able to give you tasks and deadlines and know you can deliver. Also looking for someone who can advise and consult on best practices as we build various sites. Someone who loves to learn and who loves to teach.
Great communication and client care is a must. You will be interacting with clients and collaborating with our staff daily, so it's important you can communicate well and learn to empathize and care about your clients needs. This is not a pure “design” position — building great experiences is important, but building great client relationships is essential.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary + Participation in Regular Bonuses upon Completion of Performance Metrics
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401K with Matching
- 20 Days PTO & Floating Holidays
- Flex/Comp time
- $1,000 / Year Education Budget (books, conferences, etc.)
Position is onsite in our awesome SE Portland office.
Send Resume and Cover Letter by emailing to email@example.com. Please include why you want to work for GRAYBOX and compensation requirements.