Join The GRAYBOX Team
GRAYBOX is looking for a Art Director to join our team and work with us on a wide variety of digital projects including web sites, web applications and mobile applications.
At GRAYBOX, the unique perspective the Art Director brings to each project is an essential part of our design team. You’ll be working every day with clients and our designers to invent and develop beautiful design systems for websites and applications. You have a unique ability to deeply understand our client’s brands and articulate that into a visual language. Your unique perspective elevates the design work and sets the tone of each project. You sweat the details and work with Strategists, UX Designers and Front-End Developers to ensure each solution is engaging, inspiring, and of high-quality.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish the visual direction of digital projects
- Develop design systems and experiences for clients in collaboration with our Creative Director and UI/Web Designers
- Work with other designers on the creative team to flesh out their ideas and concepts
- Lead and participate in design reviews and critiques
- Present and defend work to project stakeholders
- Ensure the quality of work remains high throughout the project
- You love to learn and love to teach
- You have never met a whiteboard you didn’t like
- You love to push yourself and learn new things
- You are passionate about design
- You are independent, highly-motivated, dependable, and highly-experienced
- You have the ability to advise and consult on best practices and trends in design
- You have the ability to communicate your ideas visually, verbally, and in writing
- 5+ years experience in design in an agency setting
- A strong portfolio of high-quality digital design work
- A passion and strong understanding of design concepts
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with clients and team members
- Ability to contribute to team growth and process improvement
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and prototyping software like InVision
Successful candidate would be independent, motivated, dependable, and highly-experienced. Need to be able to give you tasks and deadlines and know you can deliver. Also looking for someone who can advise and consult on best practices as we build various sites. Someone who loves to learn and who loves to teach.
Great communication and client care is a must. You will be interacting with clients and collaborating with our staff daily, so it's important you can communicate well and learn to empathize and care about your clients needs. This is not a pure “design” position — building great experiences is important, but building great client relationships is essential.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary + Participation in Regular Bonuses upon Completion of Performance Metrics
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401K with Matching
- 20 Days PTO & Floating Holidays
- Flex/Comp time
- $1,000 / Year Education Budget (books, conferences, etc.)
Position is onsite in our awesome SE Portland office.
Send Resume and Cover Letter by emailing to email@example.com. Please include why you want to work for GRAYBOX and compensation requirements.